Mystery Tuscany is the first high definition film fully dedicated to the legends of Tuscany. Every story is told directly where it originally took place, thus creating an itinerary for locals and travelers.
A journey through places of history and myth.
You will fall in love with Matelda, flee The Iron Baron, hear the flow of the ghost river, land at Montecristo in search of fabulous treasures…
Mystery Tuscany is the first documentary film about the legends of Tuscany told in the very places where these legends began: castles, villages, underground passages, abbeys, necropoleis, and all the enchantment of a land without time.
A voyage through realms of wonder!
PRODUCED, WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY: Pantaleone Megna e Andrea Mignòlo
STORYTELLER: Carolina Gamini
VOICE-OVER ARTISTS: Victor Palchetti- Beard (English) and Paolo Lombardi (Italian)
© 2011 Galgano Productions. All rights reserved.
ORIGINAL LANGUAGE: English
DUBBED IN: Italian
SUBTITLES: English, Italian, German, Dutch, French and Spanish
DVD: 12 episodes, 85 minutes long
TV & FESTIVALS: 7 episodes, 52 minutes long
SINGLE EPISODE: each episode is a short film of about 6 minutes of length
12 PLACES, 12 STORIES
- Volterra – A Witch Trial
- Siena – The Diana: the Ghost River
- Saint Galgano - The Sword in the Rock
- Brolio Castle - The Iron Baron’s Ghost
- Poppi Castle - The Beautiful Matelda
- Montecristo – Treasures, Saints, Pirates and Novelists
- Fosdinovo Castle - A Malaspina’s Love
- Borgo a Mozzano - The Devil’s Bridge
- Vincigliata Castle - The Tragic Bride
- Monteriggioni - Captain Zeti’s Remorse
- Crevole Castle - The Howl of the Bishop
- Sovana - The Carriage of the Etruscan Queen
Have a look at the Map of the Legends!
Mystery Tuscany was shot on location from May 8th to July 15th, 2010, on RED ONE digital camera.
Mystery Tuscany is a Galgano Productions film. Andrea Mignolo and Pantaleone Antonio Megna are the executive producers.